Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Let the games begin!



We begin our story in the middle. I have been cooking since the day I could set foot in the kitchen, running for three years, swimming for one month, and cycling for two days.

Cooking: I run to eat and eat to run. Last year I was diagnosed with celiac disease so cooking has been a completely new endeavor for me. As the days continue I have become quite efficient at fueling without gluten. I'll keep you posted on my latest gluten free recipes.










Running: I began running my freshman year of college as a stress release. Little did I know it would become such a huge part of my life! Nothing starts the day off like a sunrise run :)



Swimming: "Try a Tri" This was posted at my local gym and I had been starring at it for a month or so. I had the running down, I rocked the spin classes, but the water was a different story. The only memory of swimming I had was throwing away my minnie mouse swim suit after my first swim lesson at age 5. This could be interesting. I really wanted to "try the tri" so I jumped in the water and after two weeks of practice I had enough technique down to pull off a 10 min swim. To my surprise I completed 33 laps in 10 minutes! I still have a lot of work to do in this area.



Cycling: I fell in love with spin classes and have been going for about 2 years now. Taking this onto the road however is a new adventure. My outdoor bike experience thus far has consisted of my pink cruiser and picnics in the park. I bought my first road bike two days ago! Beginners cycling club starts this Saturday. Fun and interesting stories to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment